Saturday, January 16, 2016

Take a chance on Rationality

The start of this year has been rather swift but not less meaningful than the last one. With that being said, discomforts and bad times have been swept away but never forgetting about the countless of backdrafts in improvements that both this country and this world has but are trying to overcome day by day with learning - this would also includes some irritable issues.

Today is just going to be just one of those peaceful days of my life, being thankful with my own self-reasoning and rationality knowing very well that there isn't an artificially constructed narcissistic omnipotent being; watching my every move.

Another day of happiness;
Another day of emotional restfulness - for myself - my mind, my body, and nothing more;
Another day of knowing that I am the reason I get out of bed every morning.

Unfortunately, I am also sometimes in a sense of sadness when I see the lot of us that are falling into the pits of the illusion that inner peace is only obtainable with the immeasurable or endless faith that we give for something that is not known to exist but when confronted about it, it would be a topic that would only induce...unnecessary rebuttal and self-discomfort? Why? I can only imagine.

And no, I'm never agreeing to disagree on this ever, for I know doubt should not be blundered by unverified claims and that is somehow constantly enforced by personal experiences and accumulated experiences of other people with similar personal experiences. Welp, that sounds about right isn’t it.

Seeing as it is, the only thing that is derived from personas such as this is the sceptical thought on every action made. Are you doing it because your reasoning says so or is that the book telling you to do it? I wouldn't know.

But you don't need anyone telling you to not do something you all would know for your own self-worth that it is not good to do so and immoral - because you would clearly know that being your own rationality becomes a catalyst to own your decision-making. It's called humanity; it exists in all of us. That is self taught. Marry because you are in love and/or because you want to multiply (I am not discriminating anyone at all. Everyone is welcomed in this circle - LGBT include); don't kill another one of your kind for the sole purpose of preserving your kind for we are evolved into socially sensible animals knowing well that our survival is meaningful; Live because you want to live, for the purpose of invention to ease the burdens of the human race and to help others in a better path in life; And sit down and be thankful with what you've already have, not because a higher power is giving you these benefits - it's because you are.

You should be thankful because of yourself - probably aided by your fellow peers and a lot of other meaningful people in your life - but your own determination to living life succeeds to fuel your entire life story, which makes it evident that you make your own "fate", "luck", and "miracles" by your own actions. We work on choosing good over evil without the expectation of a reward from a divine entity or being, or some other place.

I know you all have doubts but to shadow doubt with blind faith because of a peace of mind would only make it worst.
But I can only say one of those things that should be addressed clearly; we all should definitely embrace the veritable reality, not the misapprehended false reality we all so dire to see.

Listen to the facts that you need to hear, not the facts what you want to hear. Let's not cherry pick quotes based on our convenient levels just because something sounds good but ignore the rest of the pages of what else it actually says. Let's not encourage the upbringing of the destitute of logic amongst us. Our government has already been quick to address some examples.

With this I end with this:
I can be understanding, but don't mistake my quiet and accepting judgements to be temporary. I'm not telling you to do anything, I want you to listen to your own sense of reasoning and come up to your own conclusions. If it's still instilled in your minds that we all still need a little bit of nonsense in our lives, don't expect me to keep quiet to whoever you want to feed that sort of bigotry without proper research on facts.

I'll say it again with much emphasis and insistency;
We don't need God. We need the perseverance of a rationalised humanity.
It's never wrong to be hungry for that.


"If we did a good act merely from love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist? ...Their virtue, then, must have had some other foundation than the love of God."

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Law, June 13, 1814

No comments:

Post a Comment